The Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Art Gallery exists to promote and support the intellectual and cultural life of College of the Holy Cross. Through its exhibitions and acquisitions, both historical and contemporary, the Gallery serves as a catalyst for the search for meaning and value in life and history. The Cantor Gallery has special responsibility for integrating the liberal arts values of the College and the classroom by linking exhibitions to the broader curriculum.
Through Gallery exhibitions, Holy Cross educates members of the College community, the Worcester community and the larger community of scholars and artists about the fundamental intellectual, cultural, spiritual and aesthetic issues encountered through art.
Traveling exhibitions, loan exhibitions, exhibitions of the permanent collection or of site specific works are selected according to the guiding principles of the Gallery. Similarly, acquisitions for the permanent collection are made on the basis of a works role in supporting the mission of the gallery and the College.
In memory of artist Terri Priest, 1928 - 2014. Terri will always be remembered as a bright light in the Worcester arts community.
Like Us On Facebook, Follow Us On Twitter
Header image credit:
Susan Schmidt, professor of visual arts, and student at work in the Millard Art Center print studio. Photo by John Buckingham.