This support group offers an opportunity for students to discuss with one another issues about being lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgendered at Holy Cross. The group is completely confidential and has no agenda beyond being supportive of one another.
The content of the conversations are driven by the interests of the participants but some possible topics of conversation in the group could include:
- the climate for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered students at Holy Cross
- coming out to your friends and family
- questioning one's sexuality
- religion and sexuality
- life beyond Holy Cross
All lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered students and those questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity are welcome to attend. No pressure to identify your sexual orientation or gender identity exists in the group.
We meet weekly at an undisclosed location. New members are welcome to attend any time after meeting with one of the facilitators.
For more information, please contact Meg Fox-Kelly or call 508-793-3899. All inquiries and contacts will remain confidential.
All students are welcome in the Chaplains' Office! Campion is a home for all members of the Holy Cross community.
If you are questioning your sexuality, you are not alone. Many people who can walk with you are available.
- Weekly Support Group
Meg Fox-Kelly or call 508-793-3899
- Allies (the Gay-Straight Alliance student group)
- ABiGaLe (Association of Bisexual, Gay and Lesbian Students)
- Chaplains' Office
email@example.com or call 508-793-2448
- Counseling Center
Call 508-793-3363 (in an emergency call 508-793-2222 to reach Public Safety)
- Office of Student Affairs
- Many out and allied faculty members (Please see the "Ally" and "Safe Space" Stickers on office doorways.)
Resources at Holy Cross
Resources for Coming Out
Other Colleges and Universities