“Back-in Not out”
- Driving one mile to reach a certain destination is easy.
- In contrast, backing-up five feet can pose a threat to your safe driving record!
- The easiest way to avoid backing accidents is to avoid backing.
- SHUTTLES USUALLY HAVE PASSENGERS SO…
- WHEN SAFE, USE A HELPER TO SPOT FOR YOU OUTSIDE THE VAN
- Plan to park where you can leave without backing.
- In other words, “BACK-IN, NOT OUT”
- Usually, before an event, pedestrian traffic is lighter.
- Afterwards, most everybody converges on the parking area!
- So back-in when you get there and…
- Pull out in drive when you leave!
- Avoid backing up altogether when possible
- Use a helper, WHEN SAFE to spot for you outside the van
- Back-in when you get there!
- Pull out in drive when you leave
For related tips see:
Backing-Up Safe Techniques>>