- Before you drive – Look over your vehicle!
- Did you know that our campus maintains over 75 vehicles?
- Before you drive, especially in wintry conditions, check the basics out.
- Do a thorough but simple inspection. 10 SECONDS SPENT ON EACH IS LESS THAN 2 MINUTES!
Look at and check the "Top 10 Basics"
- TIRES: Do they look low in pressure, “getting flat?” Treads look adequate?
- ICE SCRAPER / SNOW BRUSH: Does the vehicle have one?
- MIRRORS / WINDOWS: Don’t drive with these uncleared!
- WASHER FLUID: Don’t leave home without it!
- WIPERS: Are they worn out? Do they work?
- DEFROSTER / HEAT: Functioning well? Windows clear?
- THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT : If it’s on – Do Not Drive the Vehicle
- FUEL: If I get stuck in snow or traffic, will I have fuel? It’s cold outside!
- HEADLIGHTS / BLINKERS / HIGH BEAMS: Do they all work? Snow cleared off?
- BRAKES: Does brake pedal sink to floor? Any sensation of grinding or scraping?
Note all issues on your vehicle sign-out form. DO NOT USE THE VEHICLE IF IT IS UNSAFE!
Report any questionable items right away!
- Conduct a basic yet thorough inspection.
- A few minutes spent can save many hours of loss
- There over 75 vehicles on campus. You are not the only driver.
- Review “THE TOP 10 BASICS”
- Report all known issues on your sign-out form.
- If anything is unsafe – DO NOT USE THE VEHICLE