SGA Transportation Shuttles Shuttles, buses, trains and taxis make getting around Worcester and the surrounding area easy. Whether you want to shop for groceries, spend a day in Boston or Providence, or plan a weekend trip to New York City, there are convenient ways to reach your destination
The Student Government Association provides several transportation services:
- Each day of the week, van services and shuttles travel to and from WalMart, Shoppes at Blackstone Valley, Auburn Mall, Shrewsbury Street, and White City.
- Weekend shuttles service is offered to and from Boston, Providence and Natick.
- Knight’s Limo Service offers discounted shuttle tickets to and from Logan International Airport in Boston or T.F. Green Airport in Providence.
For complete details, visit the SGA website.
Need a car? Borrow a Zipcar! Holy Cross has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to the area. To use Zipcars, simply register as a member, reserve a car online or by phone, use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away. When you’re done, return the car to the same location where you picked it up.
As a member you get:
- Access to Zipcars 24/7 located outside Hogan main entrance
- Discounted hourly rates for faculty, staff and students age 18 and older: rates start at just $7.50/hour or $69/day.
- Gas, insurance and maintenance are included for free!
- Join for only $25 a year, and receive $35 in driving credit your first month.
Learn more and get started at zipcar.com/holycross
Need more information?
- Find out more about Zipcar
- What is car sharing?
- Is car sharing for me?
- Zipcar on Facebook
- Zipcar on Twitter
- Zipcar at Holy Cross
The Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA) can take you throughout Worcester and into 13 surrounding communities for under $2 a ride. Students can walk to the bottom of College Hill, at Southbridge Street, and take the “25” bus to City Hall or “42” bus to downtown Worcester. From City Hall, you can transfer to all other routes. Visit on the Web or call 508-791-9782.
If you're looking to travel out of the city, you have a choice of two bus companies, both based at Union Station, 2 Washington Square, in Worcester. Greyhound Lines, Inc. (1-800-231-2222/508-754-3247) provides service nationally, while Peter Pan (1-800-343-9999) services the northeastern seaboard.
Getting to Boston is easy and cheap via the "Commuter Rail" at Union Station. For $7.75, the train will take you into South Station, where you can connect to Boston's subway system — the "T." Trains make several round trips throughout the day between Union Station and Boston.
For fare information, maps, and schedules, visit theMassachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) on the Web or call 617-222-3200.
Amtrak also makes stops at Union Station, and offers daily service to Albany, Chicago, New York and Washington, D.C. For more, visit the Amtrak website or call 1-800-872-7245.
While you won't be able to hail a cab on the street, there are two taxi companies you can call for rides.
- Red Cab: 508-792-9999
- Yellow Cab: 508-754-3211